Meet and exchange directly with producers
Social and gastronomic by excellence meeting places, the markets are numerous and unavoidable. These are all invitations and excuses to wander around, taste, meet directly with producers and exchange know-how.
- Lannemezan : the largest market in the valleys.It is held on Wednesday morning in the city centre, all year round : farm products, fruit and vegetables, crafts, clothing, flowers…..A large market full of colors where you have to stroll, taste, hear ,listen to the local expressions in Patois. In the vacinity of the church many producers are welcomed.
- In the heart of the village of La Barthe de Neste, every Sunday morning, the market hall hosts a market of local producers, market gardeners, greengrocers and handicrafts.
- In the village of Capvern, it’s in front of the Town Hall (or inside depending on the weather) that the market is set up every Friday afternoon throughout the year. Farmers and food trade.
- The village of Galan welcomes a small market, in the heart of the bastide, every Sunday morning .
- In the thermal season, a small farmer’s market is organized at the Tourist Office in Capvern les Bains on Tuesday morning, from April to October.
Other festive markets are organized during the year (summer or Christmas): Festive markets of Batsère, Clarens markets producers, the Baronnies or the Abbey of Escaladieu. To be discovered also in the calendar of events (link)