Encounters, discoveries and tastes galoreAbsolute musts, the many markets are the ultimate places to mix with other people and discuss food. They invite you to take a stroll, sample the fare, meet the producers in person, and chat about their delicious expertise.
- Lannemezan, the biggest market of the valleys. Held every Wednesday morning in the town centre, all year round, for farm produce, vegetables, crafts, clothing, flowers, etc. A huge and colourful market where you can stroll from stall to stall, sampling the produce amid local expressions pronounced in patois. Many producers gather around the church.
- Every Sunday morning in the village of La Barthe de Neste, the market hall is full of stalls selling local farm produce, vegetables and craft items.
- In Capvern village, the market can be found every Friday afternoon, all year round, inside or outside the village hall (depending on the weather). Farm produce and food retailers.
- The village of Galan hosts a small market in the heart of the bastide, every Sunday morning.
- During the spa season, in Capvern les Bains, a small farmers’ market is held on the square outside the Tourist Office on Tuesday mornings from April to October.
Various other markets are also organised during the year, in summer or the festive season, such as the lively markets of Batsère and the farmers’ markets of Clarens, Les Baronnies or Escaladieu Abbey. You’ll also find details in the events calendar.